AOL is a New York-based online service provider and web portal. It is formerly known as America Online (AOL Inc. Company). AOL provides various online services, and AOL Mail is one of the free web-based mail services offered by this company. AOL email service offers lots of features and services. It is more famous for its security and reliability features. It has an across the board work area programming that permits clients to utilize Mail, texting, web surfing, and significantly more from an isolated spot. You can not delete your email accounts without shutting the total AOL account, which means losing access to most of AOL services, such as AIM instant messenger.
Deactivate Email Permanently
If you are looking to create a new email account or you have multiple accounts, or maybe your previous account deactivated due to inactivity or your AOL mail account not any more useful for you. Some of the reasons for AOL account no more active are
- When you itself want to delete your AOL mail account for that you request so; first, it gets deactivated.
- When there is no prolonged activity in your AOL mail account from last 90 days
- If your AOL email account is utilized in such a way that violate the AOL’s terms of services
There are different reasons due to that your AOL mail account may be deactivated or deleted.
If there is any other reason due to that you want to delete your AOL mail account, you can do it by following simple and easy steps as mentioned below. But before delete your AOL mail account make sure the certain things.
Things to do before Deleting your AOL Mail Account
- Backup your important email, calendar, contacts, documents, etc
- Remove your social networking account associated with the AOL email account and set a new one for your social networks.
- Unsubscribe your paid subscriptions if any associated with your AOL mail. Make sure to clear dues (if any pending).
- Inform your network who may usually contact you through AOL mail. Provide then alternative mail address before you delete your AOL account.
Step’s to Delete AOL Mail Account
- First of all open any web browser in which you are comfortable, just double click on the web browser icon.
- In the URL section of the web browser enter the www.aol.com AOL mail, website.
- Now login into your AOL mail account. The ‘Login/Join’option shown on the upper right corner of the webpage. Click on login option it will ask for username and password of the account. Enter the correct username and password of The AOL mail account which you want to delete.
- Now move down to the webpage by using the scroll bar and find the option ‘My Account’.
- On the left-hand side bottom corner of your webpage, you find the ‘My Account’ option don’t click on it. Only go to option ‘My account’ it will direct you to an account and service page.
- Tap on ‘Manage My Subscription’ option on my account page. Sometimes you maybe ask for the security question. You simple add the answer in the text field that you provide during account opening time.
- If you forget the security question –answer, then you need to reset the answer.
- To reset the security question–answer just click on ‘Forgot My answer’. Now enter the code provided to you by SMS in the mobile number you registered in AOL or via email.
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ button shown on the bottom of the webpage once you reach the subscription page. Once you click on the cancel button, AOL will show you a list of services that you won’t be able to enjoy later.
- At last, it will ask the reason why you want to leave AOL mail. Select the specific purpose from the list of the reason already provided, or you can also customize your reason. If you do not select any reason, it won’t allow you to proceed further.
- Now click on the ‘Cancel AOL’ button.
So, by using this method, you can quickly delete your AOL Mail account
For iPhone user how to Delete AOL Mail Account
- Unlock your iPhone, click on the ‘Settings’ icon. You will able to see the different option in the setting of your iPhone.
- Scroll down under setting and click on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option ( in iOS 10 you need to click on Mail option)
- In the mail section, you need to select your AOL account. In iOS 10 you need to choose the account option. Account section shows the list of your account configured with your iPhone.
- Once you choose your AOL account, and then scroll down to screen. In the bottom of the screen ‘Delete Account’ option exists.
- Click on the ‘Delete from My iPhone’ button. Once you confirm the action, AOL email account removed from your iPhone successfully.