If you were using Match to find a perfect partner and luckily, you got someone, so it’s evident that you don’t need your account anymore or if because of any other reason if are not willing to use your Match account and want to delete it then you can refer this post. But before that, let’s have a look to get an idea of what is this Match concept.
What is a Match? An introduction
Match.com is facilitating dating services like Tinder, Zoosk, OkCupid, etc. it is providing free subscription, and you can also take the paid subscription to become a prime member and get a lot of additional utilities. It is basically an online dating site. Its mobile applications are also available, and you can use it on PC as well as on Android phones as well. Easy to install, use, the paid subscription has auto-renewal policy until you are not giving consent to stop the subscription.
But, at some point, you might not use this application anymore. In that case, either you can deactivate, or you can delete depending upon the requirement.
What are the reasons to delete Match Account?
There could be any reason, but the majorly seen reasons are:
- The subscription is costly, and in case you are not using it, or you are not happy with the services, it is very tough to get a refund.
- Auto-renewal of the subscription is also a reason to delete the match account. Let say if you had taken a paid subscription for this month and you don’t want to continue next month, they will not ask for your permission, and it will be directly renewed.
- Dissatisfactory customer service is also a reason. A lot of users complained that the support team is not very active and taking the user’s issue seriously.
- Privacy issues are another most prominent reason to delete the Match account. There are loopholes in this privacy, which is making this site not reliable.
- Another possible reason that you are lucky enough to meet your partner, and this is not required anymore.
- You want to take a break, and you’re not going to use it for a long time, then also you may delete the account.
Methods to delete Match account
Now, let’s come to the point and learn how to delete the match profile. As you are already aware that you can use this on PC and Android phones as well. So we will learn the steps for both one by one, but before that, it is essential to unsubscribe the paid subscription if you are having any because they have auto-renewal policies that may cost you a new bill.
Go to the “My Account Settings” and cancel your subscription from there. Ten, after you, can move forward to delete the match.com account.
Delete Match account through Computer
- Open any browser and type https://www.match.com to open the website. Make sure that your subscription is already undone.
- Sign in your account with a login id and password.
- Now, go to the Settings option given on right corner of the page
- Click on Change/Cancel Membership provided on the left side of the page
- It will ask for your password, put the password and Continue Cancellation
- Now, a pop up will appear with two option Cancel Membership and Remove profile
- Select Remove profile to delete the account
- You will receive a prompt confirmation number and a mail ID on your registered mail id. Now, your profile will no longer be available to other users.
Delete match account through iPhone
- Open Settings from the menu screen
- Select iTunes and App store
- Now, tap on your Apple ID, a popup menu will appear on the screen
- Tap “View Apple ID” by entering the password or touch ID and follow screen instructions
- Scroll down till the end and click on Subscriptions, now a list of all iTunes subscriptions will open
- Tap on Match.com subscription and click on Change/Cancel Subscription
- Give final consent to cancel membership.
Delete match profile through Android
- Open play store and click on three lines given on the left side
- Tap on the Account option
- Now, click on subscription a list of all the subscriptions will be open
- Select Match.com and click on Cancel Subscription
- Tap yes for confirmation
- You will get two options Cancel Membership and Remove profile
- Select the remove profile to delete your profile.
You can delete your account anytime, but if you have any second thoughts that may be in the future you want to use it, then it is suggested instead of deleting the account, you can go for deactivation. A deactivated profile can be recoverable, and you can reactivate it. But, before that to make sure to unsubscribe the paid subscription. Also, do not share any credentials like login id and password to anyone avoid any misuse of your profile.
Still need assistance to delete the Match account.
These were the methods to cancel the Match profile from different devices. You can follow any to remove from your compatible device. However, still, if you are facing any issue like even after deleting the profile, you are able to access, or your profile is visible. It is suggested to contact the customer care team of Match. To connect with them, you can visit the website and join them on the toll-free number, or you can also write them a mail given on the official website.