Windows Defender Error Code: 0x80073B01
It’s highly independent security software available on Windows computers. This is an inbuilt computer protection program for all versions of Windows computers. We have noticed that the Microsoft has come very in the form of playing a significant element in interventions in its native security app o to the extent that everyone appreciates the steps it has taken in the long run to find the optimum solution to fix the problem. Numerous errors can occur as you proceed with the functioning of the Defender on your Windows computer Windows Defender Error Code: 0x80073B01 is one of them.
So it becomes crucial for the user to may sure that the Windows Defender is working at it best when it comes to securing your items on Windows 10 or some relevant operating system.
There may be cases when the user sees the error messages will try to dig for support information with the dialog box, which has the error code revealed as error 0x80073B01. When you are not using any other software to protect your computer and windows defender is the one that you are using to protect the device. So, as the Defender is the only program for your protection and is the last line of defense against threats if it is not working, your computer will be left at high risk and is a terrible situation and needs immediate intervention.
START THE FIREWALL OF WINDOWS:
In most cases, you will still find the issue that doesn’t go away quickly. Thus it hampers the functioning of the system in the short run. The major problem can be associated with the disabled Firewall. The possibility linked to the Windows Defender not working can be connected to the files which are not registering it and, in the long run, will impact the system performance. It may be a possibility directly related to the Firefox browser that you install on the computer. You can try to reset the browser or reinstall depending on the case that it associates with the operating system that you are using on your computer. In such a case, you can try to enable the services of the Firefox and see the problem linked to the error 0x80073b01 is fixed on your windows 10PC.
Fix Error Code: 0x80073B01
- Go and access the Control panel in the text box. You can do the same with the access of cartona from the windows 10. As you access the control panel, you can go through the varied option that you can fix as you can check those options in the various form.
- On the next screen, we can view the list of options that are in the drop-down menu, and one can select the large icon option and choose the Windows Defender Firewall option on the same page.
- On the next page, you can access the option of Windows Defender Firewall option ON/OFF, and with the same, you can access the case as you will be able to turn on or off the required Windows Defender and make sure that it is protecting you.
- You can choose the option of public/private for the windows defender services while you are on the Windows Firewall tab and choose the setting as per your requirement.
This will stop any unwanted program to enter the windows computer and thus protecting your computer from the Windows Defender Error 0x80073B01 issue.
Start Services of Windows Defender Automatically: To fix Error Code: 0x80073B01
There are multiple causes for the services of Windows Defender not working as you try to start Windows Defender. Usually, the solution is not as difficult as you just have to configure Windows Defender services.
1. Got to Run and Press the keys Windows LOGO and R.
2. The Run Box type “services.msc” and then hit enter.
3. You can scroll down the list of services manager and choose defender service while double click on the properties.
4. Go to the drop-down and type Startup and then click Automatic setting and hit Apply.
5. Close the service manager as we start the computer.
3. Fix Registry- REGEDIT:
There may be chances of corruption in the Registry of your Windows 10 operating system. It may be the case that the defender services have stopped working because of some corrupted files in your system.
It would be best if you edited the problematic areas:
1. Click on the two alternate keys Windows Logo key + R to get to a Run Window. You can edit the item to REGEDIT on the Run dialog and then click to ENTER as you launch the Registry Editor.
2. As you are in Registry Editor, you can choose the below set of options:
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services
4. As you move through the Registry Editor, go to the registry key and find WinDefend under Services, and choose Permissions.
5. Go to Advanced and choose Owner
6. As you Change owner to you can highlight and Apply and then on OK.
7. Go to the Permissions dialog, choose Administrators with the Group or user names: as highlighted you can Allow the checkbox to Full Control as the Permissions for Administrators, select Apply and then on OK.
8. Go to Registry Editor; choose WinDefend registry key as you can see all the elements on your left side of Registry.
9. As you go to Registry Editor, choose the registry values as titled Start; replace all the Value data Click OK on all fields.
As you go through this entire process, try to find whether the windows defender is working or not. And as the process is complete, this will get rid of the computer from the windows defender error 0X80073B01.