The printer is a device that accepts the output from a computer in the form of text or graphics. For this, firstly, all printers, including HP printers, need to set up and installation of printers before they can be used. After setting up and installation of the HP Printer, you need to install the driver on your computer. But in some cases, the HP Printer driver failed to install, or the driver won’t install it on your computer. A connection is to the printer is wireless through a home router, and the computer sees the printer but cannot print without the driver installation. So one must install the driver, or if this step is neglected, then the printer will not work and not print anything.
Don’t worry though here are some steps mentioned below to determine the issue and for finding a solution too:-
- Turn on the HP printer.
- Please wait until it gets idle and silent before continuing.
- With the printer on, disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 59 seconds (1 minute).
- Plug into the power cord back into the wall socket.
- Re-connect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Now turn on the printer.
- Refresh the Windows Device Manager.
- Uninstall the HP driver software applications.
- Remove unnecessary files and folders.
- Turn off all the programs that are running in the background.
- Re-install the HP driver software applications.
Enable start-up programs.
Install and Use the HP Smart App
The HP Smart app is a very beneficial application that includes tools to print, scan, copy, check ink levels, troubleshoot all printer issues, and set up your printer on a wireless network.
Go to HP smart install and set up the printer. You can download this application on a mobile device running Android OS 7.0 (Nougat) or later, Apple iOS 11 or later, Mac running mac OS 10.12 or later, or on iPad OS.
- Open the browser on your phone or tablet and go to hp.com and install the HP Smart app.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet network, and then open the HP Smart app.
- Allow Bluetooth and location permissions, if it gets prompted.
- Then add your printer to the app.
What if your printer displays…?
- then continue to the next step.
- with Set-Up, tap the printer, follow the on-screen prompts steps to finish setting up your printer and then continue to the next step.
- printer does not display, tap on the Plus sign to select a printer from the list or set up a new one, and then follow the on-screen directions.
Windows 10 Built-in Driver Failed to Install
When you connect the printer to your computer wirelessly, with a USB cable, or an Ethernet cable, the HP printer driver unavailable windows 10 or does not automatically install the built-in printer driver.
Step 1. Remove the printer from Devices and Printers.
Step 2. After that, Connect your printer to the computer.
Step 3. Set Windows Update to download driver software automatically.
Step 4. Install the printer driver with the Add Printer wizard.
Steps to install printer driver with the Add Printer wizard
- Use the Add Printer tool in Windows 10 to install the built-in driver.
- Search for it and open Control Panel.
- Tap on Devices and Printers, and then tap on Add a printer.
- On the Choose a device or printer to add to this PC window, select your printer, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. If your printer is not in the list, continue with the next step given.
- Click The printer I want isn’t listed, and then select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Click on the Next
- Select the port used by your printer, and then click Next.
- Click on Windows Update, and then wait for the printer drivers to update.
- Click HP, Hewlett-Packard, or Hewlett Packard in the Manufacturer panel, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers
- If your printer is in the list, select on it and click Next, and then follow the on-screen directions to install the driver.
- If your printer is not in the list, click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the window two times to get back to the Find a printer by other options step, and then continue with the next step given.
- Choose to add a printer using TCP/IP address or host name, and then click on Next.
- Tap on Auto-detect from the Device type down in the list.
- Type your printer IP address into the box given and then tap on the Next
- Wait for the computer to get connected with the printer, and then click Next to install the print driver.
- All the procedure gets finished with the Add Printer wizard; your printer driver is now ready to use.
One-stop solution for HP Printer Driver
If you are still facing any problem, You are worried about the issue and want to fix the problem happening with HP Printer. Then there are multiple ways to recover with the problem you can use HP Printer Assistant to fix the issue. But you want someone trustworthy to help you resolve or fix the issue immediately. So you should feel free to ask a question at HP Printer customer service. All necessary contact details are provided on the HP official website.