Windows is an operating system developed by Microsoft. A file associated with the Microsoft Windows system protection background tasks, which are srtasks.exe. SRTasks stands for System Runtime Tasks. And it does not cause any harm to your computer. The Windows 10 task scheduler mainly uses SrTasks.exe Microsoft® Windows System Protection background tasks-The srtasks.exe file to create a system restore points. Usually, all this procedure inhabits 50-60% of your CPU, but it consumes 70% or more than 70% of the CPU usage. It is a common error which you can come across. So it is part of Windows, so the location for this in Windows 10 is- C:\Windows\System32. But you can’t find this in the older versions of Windows like in Windows 7.
Microsoft System Protection Background Tasks high CPU issue Cause by “Srtasks.exe”
SrTasks.exe is a windows core system file that is a Microsoft signed file. It is an integral part of windows. which won’t causes any problem with the computer in normal course of action. There is no visible window in this program. The technical security rating is less dangerous as you can also compare this rating with the user reviews. The file size on Windows 10/8/7/XP is 0 bytes.
If you notice that the Microsoft Windows system protection background tasks high disk usage is taking a lot of system resources. If this happens, then you should try to do these given steps:
- Open the Run window > Windows key + R > then type “systempropertiesprotection” with no space > press enter button > System Protection tab of System Properties will get open.
- After the completion, you have to click on the configure button > to set the restore settings to disable the system protection > click on Apply button > as you can see that System Restore will be disabled permanently.
How to Fix Usage Caused by “srtasks.exe High Disk”?
It is often associated with high CPU usage and high disk activity. The issue is still fairly common. Some people have reported a CPU usage of almost 70% by this process alone. The only way to fix the problem is to disable System Restore from the “systempropertiesprotection.”
Step 1: Press the Windows key + R key together to open the Run window. Then write systempropertiesprotection in the field and press on the enter key.
Step2: The tab on the screen with the option of system properties will appear on the screen.
Step3: Then the user can select the configuration button under Protection Settings and select on Disable system protection.
Step4: User can choose the option Apply and hit on OK.
How to Fix High Usage Caused by “Srtasks.exe” In Windows 10?
- Scan for Malware & Viruses on your computer.
- To troubleshoot the SrTasks.exe high disk usage problem is to ensure that your system is virus and malware-free because task host can stop background tasks to work fluently.
- Disable to the System Protection.
- Right-click at This PC on the Windows Explorer and select the option Properties.
- Select System Protection on the left side of the screen.
- Highlight the Local Disk C: and tap on Configure.
- At System Protection options, select Disable system protection and click OK.
- Restart your computer and then check if the high disk usage issue has been resolved or not.
Run a Check Disk to Find out Hard Disk Errors and fix it.
- Open the Administrator. Then-
- Press the Windows key + R key together to open the ‘Run’ command box.
- Type CMD and then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER all together.
- Give the following commands to repair your disk and then press Enter.
- chkdsk C: /F /R
- Press on the Y keyto schedule the checking.
- Then restart your computer.
- Wait until the disk check process to finish. (it may take quite a lot of hours).
- When the check disk procedure gets completed, check if the “SrTasks.exe High Disk Usage” has resolved or not.
One-Stop Solution for Microsoft windows system protection background tasks High Disk Usage
Hopefully, you understand the point of why Microsoft windows system protection background tasks. If you have any further queries, even after reading this article. Then you can contact the Microsoft Windows support. But you feel worried at that time don’t get irritated and keep calm. They are available for you 24/7 and will help you to solve the issue properly and safely. The team will provide you with a reliable service and gives you a lot of methods to solve the problem. You will be able to recover your issue as fast as possible with the help of support. They have plenty of experience and skills to bring the best possible solution for all the problems and queries.