The task host window is not a threat to the PC and not a virus or malware, but this can damage some of your hardware files if it’s not gets solved. If a program is not closed while you try to shut down windows. This error usually occurs when there is an update file that is preventing your PC from updating. In essence, the OS (operating system) pops up a window asking for the program to get close or Shut down anyway in the Task Host Window is stopping background tasks on your computer. So, if you are also facing and looking for an effective solution to eradicate this error, then you are in the right article. Here, you will get all the solutions for your issue as soon as possible.
Task Host Window is Preventing you from Shut Down
Then follow the given suggestions that will help you to fix the error or problem:-
- Try for Windows Update Troubleshooter
1. Click on the Start button and then open the Settings page.
2. Choose the option Updates and Security and then tap on the Troubleshoot tab to open the Troubleshoot page.
3. Scroll and go down until you find the Windows Update troubleshooter in the list and run it.
If it fixes the issue, well and good, or else proceed to the next step.
- Restart Installer Service
1. Open service manager, scroll down and locate Installer Service option
2. Right-click on it and Restart.
3. Restart your computer.
- Change log in Settings
1. Open Settings > Accounts.
2. Now go to Log in Options
3. Scroll and go down to find Use my login info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart under the Privacy option.
4. Turn off this feature and see if that works for you or not.
- Reduce shutdown time
1. Press Window + R to open the Run window and type the command powercfg.cpl.
2. Press on Enter to open the registry editor.
3. Navigate to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control.
4. Right-click on the WaitToKillServiceTimeout in the right pane and change the value to 5000.
5. Now navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop.
6. Again, right-click WaitToKillServiceTimeout in the right pane and change the value to 5000.
Setting this to a lower four-digit value (say 5000) will make your computer to shutdown faster, but you could end up losing data or cause possible disk corruption.
The steps mentioned above should help you resolve your issue.
Task Host is Stopping Background Tasks Windows 10
Have you recently upgraded to Windows 10 or updated your Windows? Then you may face a problem when you are trying to shut down your computer, and an error message pops up saying- Task Host Window: Closing 1 app and shutting down or if you want to save your work with closing anyway then tap on Cancel and finish the task. Task Host is stopping background tasks windows 10.
One of the new features in Windows 10 is the capacity to launch applications after restarting your computer naturally. This was one of the essential functions of Windows 10. When you hit Restart, or you restart your PC after a software installation or possibly after an Update, all the open windows are shut, and you have to begin new. Be that as it may, with this most recent update, this isn’t the situation.
Fix the Task Host Window Prevents Shut Down in Windows 10
- Disable to the Fast Startup
1. Press Windows Key + R all together, then type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
2. Tap on Hardware and Sound then click on Power Options.
3. Then from the left window pane, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
4. Now select and click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
5. User can un-check the option on Turn on fast startup and at last click on the Save changes.
- Run Power-Troubleshooter
1. User have to type the troubleshooting in Windows Search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
2. The user can click on the left window pane, click on View all.
3. After that, the Troubleshoot computer problems list select Power.
4. T\he user can click the on-screen instruction and let the Power Troubleshoot run.
5. Reboot your PC when the procedure is complete and check if you’re able to Fix task host is stopping background tasks windows 10
Make sure that your Windows is up to date
1. Press on Windows Key + l then selects Update & Security.
2. Again click on Check for updates and make sure to install any of the pending updates.
3. After all the pending updates are installed, reboot your PC and see if you’re able to Fix task host is stopping background tasks windows 10.
Reliable Solution for Task host is stopping background tasks
This is all that one needs to know to fix the task host window is stopping background tasks. Since, all these tips and procedure can also be applied in case you are facing the same situation. All the above-given steps are straightforward and easy to understand and gives you an exact idea to troubleshoot the Task Host Window. Make sure that you have followed all the steps carefully here is one more guide on Windows System Protection Background Tasks. If you are still facing any problem, then there are multiple ways to recover with the problem. However in case you still need any extra support, then contact to the Window’s support. They are available 24/7 and will help you to solve the issue properly and safely.