- 1 What is DirectX?
- 2 Reasons to do not uninstall DirectX
- 3 Do problems arise while Uninstalling DirectX?
- 4 How to uninstall DirectX?
If you are looking for an ultimate solution to uninstall DirectX completely to fix some issues, then you are on the correct page. Here we will discuss how to uninstall? Uninstalling is not a very complicated process, but you have to make that to uninstall and remove all the related files from the system because partial Uninstallation may cause some new issues.
What is DirectX?
A lot of us are familiar with the term, but some of us it is new. So let’s take a look at what DirectX is and what it is facilitating to the users.
It is a set of application programming interfaces (APIs) developed by Microsoft for Windows users. This is a complication of applications designed for Windows users specifically to support video game programming and other multimedia tasks. It is a part of the operating system, and you cannot found this application software in Add/Remove list section so that you can delete it directly as you are deleting other applications. Also, it is not suggested to remove this application because it may cause some serious negative impact on graphics, intensive tasks, and windows malfunctions as well.
Reasons to do not uninstall DirectX
After uninstalling this from your PC, you may get some errors:
- “Fatal DirectX Error Code:3 0x887A0002: DXGI_ERROR_NOT_FOUND”
- “An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem.”
- Outlook app may not start flashing
- Games that employ the DirectX won’t work
- “This application has failed to start because DSOUND.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Do problems arise while Uninstalling DirectX?
- When it is not listed in the programs and features
- If you are not having sufficient access to the application
- The file which is required to uninstall it is not working, or you are unable to run it.
- While uninstalling an error occurs, and all the files are not removed, or it is partially uninstalled.
- When it is already uninstalled but still the related files and folders ae reflecting in the hard disk.
How to uninstall DirectX?
There are so many methods for uninstalling DirectX, but here, we will discuss the most successful process which is giving proper results.
Uninstall DirectX from Programs and Features
Whenever we are adding any program in the system automatically used to add in Program and Feature list. Vice versa, if we will remove it from Files and Feature, it will be uninstalled automatically. Follow steps to do so:
- Open Program and Features
- In Windows Vista and 7, click on Start and type “uninstall a program” in search program and files box
- In windows 8, 8.1 and 10, open WinX or press Windows+ X keys together and click on Programs and Features
- Find DirectX list
- Click on the Uninstall button to proceed.
Uninstall DirectX by using System Restore
System Restore is the facility that allows the Windows Operating System to come back to the previous state and remove everything added or amended after the selected date. So, if you have created System Restore point before the installation of this program, then you can restore your system for complete Uninstallation. But, before that, do not forget to take the backup of other programs which you want to keep later. Follow the steps to restore:
- Close all the opened files and programs
- Click on my computer and open Settings
- Open System Programs and go to the Properties
- Now, open System Protection has given on the left side of the properties window
- Click here on System Restore
- Select “Choose a different restore point.”
- Click the Next tab
- Select date and time from the list and click on the Next button
- Must know that the date and time you selected after this time whatever program in installed, everything will be swiped off. So, please have a backup of everything you want to keep. And re-install later.
- Click on Finish button to confirm the restore point
- A window will appear, click on Yes here.
Reinstall DirectX to Fix Problems
Sometimes it happens that the file which we need to uninstall DirectX is either missing or corrupted and because of that, we are unable to uninstall it. In that case, here’s a trick. Reinstall the program and run the program either on the original disk or download the file to reinstall again. Sometimes, the installer also allows you to uninstall the program.
- Uninstall DirectX with third-party Uninstaller
This is called manual Uninstallation, but it needs a computer’s know-how and patient. Also, there’s no assurance that it will completely uninstall the program by removing all the files. And a partially uninstalled program can severely affect the system’s performance. So if you have decided to use some third party uninstaller, then search for a trusted one which can scan your system and identify all the related files and remove them completely.
- Uninstall DirectX with Uninsall.exe or Uninst000.exe in the program
These are the inbuilt uninstaller programs given in the system. Follow the below-written steps to uninstall:
- Go to the installation folder of the program
- Search for Uninsall.exe or Uninst000.exe folder
- Double-tap on the uninstaller and follow the wizard to uninstall.
Uninstall DirectX by using Uninstall command in the registry
- Open run and type Regedit and click on ok button
- Navigate the following key to search program:
- Double-tap on UninstallString and copy the Value Data
- Open Run command again and paste the Value Data and click the Ok button
- Follow the wizard to uninstall.
Uninstall DirectX with Antivirus
Nowadays, Malwares are also working like standard computer programs, but they cannot be easily removable from the system. A lot of Malwares are coming from bundled freeware and adware like games, video recorders, or free pdf convertors. You have to scan if your program is also coming up with any of these so we can remove it by using any antivirus. Please download an effective Antivirus to scan and detect all the related files for Uninstallation.
You can use the above methods to uninstall DirectX, but still, you are facing any issue then connect with the 24*7 helpline of the program. For that login to their official website or call on the toll-free number. You can also write them a mail for further assistance.