- 1 IS WINDOWS DEFENDER RUNNING OR NOT:
- 1.1 Reason Why Windows Defender Won’t Turn On:
- 1.2 Use the Removal Tool for certain Antivirus:
- 1.3 Some Tools to Use
- 1.4 Glorify the System File Checker:
- 1.5 CHANGE THE SECURITY SETTING ON GROUP POLICY MODULE:
- 1.6 FIX THE STIPULATED IRREGULARITIES IN YOUR REGISTRY:
- 1.7 Here is Fix If WINDOWS DEFENDER WON’T TURN ON
It’s highly independent security software available on Windows computers. This is an inbuilt computer protection program for all versions of Windows computers. Numerous errors can occur as you proceed with the functioning of the Defender on your Windows computer. Microsoft has played an essential role in accessing the issues linked behind the problems and have provided different forums where this has been discussed in the long RUN.
We have noticed that the Microsoft has come very in the form of playing a major element in interventions in its native security app to the extent that everyone appreciates the steps it has taken in the long run to find the optimum solution to fix the problem. Numerous errors can occur as you proceed with the functioning of the Defender on your Windows computer. So it becomes crucial for the user to may sure that the Windows Defender is turned on and working at it best when it comes to securing your items on Windows 10 or some relevant operating system. If WINDOWS DEFENDER WON’T TURN ON for any reason keep going.
IS WINDOWS DEFENDER RUNNING OR NOT:
The first thing that one needs to look at and confirm whether the windows defender is on or off. This you can verify by a prominent check on the services that are available in the Taskbar and identifying the notion of the services.
It’s usually locked, and it is difficult for a user to peep inside the wall outside. One can use the upward arrow and take a look at the available services. If you see the icon available on your screen and there is no x sign associated with the defender services, it means that the defender services are running, and you don’t have to do any other step.
Many users face a lot of issues linked to Windows Defender won’t turn on their PC and is a critical issue that needs immediate intervention.
Reason Why Windows Defender Won’t Turn On:
- Users can’t turn the defender services on windows.
- A user won’t be able to open the windows defender.
- Windows Defender can’t turn on the unexpected error and hence can’t provide any automatic fix.
- After deleting third-party software, Windows Defender Won’t turn on.
- Windows Defender has stopped to respond, open, and initiate the command and you can RUN it as you see it working.
Use the Removal Tool for certain Antivirus:
When you are trying to fix this problem by removing the software immediately, that won’t be enough. You will require downloading and running the related removal programs and remove any residual elements that you leave behind. You can install a removal tool that will help you to remove the traces left behind, which are causing the problem. There are most of the applications which can be a cause of concern, but most of the time the third party software or other security software can cause the Windows Defender Error. When you are trying to fix this problem by removing the software immediately, that won’t be enough. You will require downloading and running the related removal programs and remove any residual elements that you leave behind. In that case, you can install a removal tool that will help you to remove the traces left behind, which are causing the problem.
Some Tools to Use
Numerous security programs that you can link with the same work that Defender does on your computer, such as Antivirus, antimalware, and firewall program. For example, when you have any third-party applications which can conflict with the other security software, you can remove them immediately. When you are trying to fix this problem by eliminating the software quickly, that won’t be enough. You will require downloading and running the related removal programs and remove any residual elements that you leave behind. In that case, you can install a removal tool that will help you to remove the traces left behind, which are causing the problem. One can try to locate the third party antivirus and try to uninstall it from the list of options in the control panel. You can restart the computer, and as the computer turns on, you can restart the Windows Defender security software.
Glorify the System File Checker:
This scan is prominent in the repair of any corrupted files in the system, which you can change with copies of cached copies. All the above scenarios, there may be chances that the system files are in a damaged stage or corrupting all data. There is a chance that corruption is generated because of the system file, which is not working correctly and needs manual intervention. It is advisable to check the fix and corruption. The system files need a FILE CHECKER and the DISM tool, which is highly utilized to recover any damage in the files and can fix the problem on an immediate basis. To RUN the SFC scan on the computer, you can easily browse the internet to find the way to run the scan on your Windows 10 computer.
- While you are using the Windows operating system, one can click on the windows key and the x key together.
- Scroll down to the windows option and choose CMD and open the same as admin.
- Use the CMD option ad type the required command as “SFC/scannow” and then hot the ENTER Key on the Keyboard.
- As you do so, we need to wait for the time as we get to type the command “dism” and then type ONLINE with the backward slash type ONLINE and clean-up using the restore health command. Then you can hit ENTER. Please ensure that you have an active internet connection as you go through this step and follow the instructions. We need to wait for some time and then proceed with the step (d) again.
- The final step involves closing the CMD and then restarts the computer.
CHANGE THE SECURITY SETTING ON GROUP POLICY MODULE:
In all the above scenarios, there may be chances that the system files are not working or corrupted. There is a chance that corruption is generated because of the system file, which is not working correctly and needs manual intervention. It is advisable to check the fix and corruption. The system files need a FILE CHECKER and the DISM tool, which is highly utilized to recover any damage. In the data and fix it on an immediate basis.
1. For the steps to follow, one can proceed with the two keys on the keyboard that is “Windows and R” Key.
2. And with the command of “gpedit.msc”, you can press the ENTER button and hit OK to confirm.
3. As the group policy editor initiate you can navigate to configuration and move to the list of option through the Administrative Template and then check the Windows component and as you click on Windows Defender double click to Turn-Off the Windows Defender Antivirus.
4. As you see the list of options, we need to select the one as Not Configured and press Apply and hit OK.
5. As we follow these steps, you will see that the windows defender will start working without any computer issue.
FIX THE STIPULATED IRREGULARITIES IN YOUR REGISTRY:
When the Windows Defender doesn’t work on your computer, the issue is so critical, and you can link it to the Registry of the machine. There may be chances of corruption in the Registry of your Windows 10 operating system. It may be the case that the defender services have stopped working because of some corrupted files in your system.
You need to REGEDIT to edit the problematic areas:
1. Click on the two alternate keys Windows Logo key + R to get to a Run Window. You can select the item to REGEDIT on the Run dialog and then click to ENTER as you launch the Registry Editor.
2. As you are in Registry Editor, you can choose the below set of options:
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services
4. As you move through the Registry Editor, go to the registry key and find WinDefend under Services, and choose Permissions.
5. Go to Advanced and choose Owner
6. As you Change owner to you can highlight and Apply and then on OK.
7. Go to the Permissions dialog, choose Administrators with the Group or user names: as highlighted you can Allow the checkbox to Full Control as the Permissions for Administrators, select Apply and then on OK.
8. Go to Registry Editor; choose WinDefend registry key as you can see all the elements on your left side of Registry.
9. As you go to Registry Editor, choose the registry values as titled Start; replace all the Value data Click OK on all fields. The value data has to be set to 0 and press OK to save the changes.
As you go through this entire process, try to find whether the windows defender is working or not. Windows Defender will start working, and you will not get any further errors. If you are still facing the problem, you can proceed with the next method. You can choose the option of DWORS, and the values of that you can change to the “0” to fix the problem. Some users sometimes try to remove the “DWORD altogether from the Antivirus and which can, in turn, fix the issue linked to Windows Defender not turning on.
Some other issues
There are cases that when Windows is not up-to-date as and when the updation on windows is corrupted and not functioning correctly. This can create a lot of problems that can stop the windows defender from responding. These further cause the concern linked to signatures associated with the windows update. Which as the update services won’t function correctly.
Here is Fix If WINDOWS DEFENDER WON’T TURN ON
The above issues are the most common issue, but some functional other problems can add to the concern. Incorrect zone setting of the internet explorer can be a significant issue. To get the resolution, you need immediate intervention for the factory reset of the internet explorer. To get it back to the prominent stage and fix it. There may be an issue link to the proxy servers, which can create a problem with Windows Defender not turning on. There are changes until the time you are on proxy sever the windows defender functioning is not functioning correctly. The windows defender software won’t work on your windows computer.
You would need proper functioning of the Defender by fixing the proxy settings:
1. You can turn on the CMD as the administrator using the alternate keys available on your keyboard.
2. The necessary command in action can be a source of function which you can configure as you ENTER and click on the below command. Go to NETSH and then choose the WIN HTTP and set the required proxy as 220.127.116.11:8080. One can further try a required recommendation by entering into NETSH, going for HTTP, and setting the proxy to MYPROXY.NET:8080.
You need to restart the computer and then see if problems areas are resolved, and you don’t come across the same concern. If you still face the issue, the possibility of the issue of windows Defender not turning on is completely linked to infection with malware. One can download the windows defender tool and any standalone Anti-Virus tool that can remove unwanted corruption. That can be a significant cause that occurs because of the presence of the malware on your computer.